I recently did another book review for Exisle Publishing and wanted to share this new publication with you.
Leanne Cooper hands back to you control over the way you eat and why. This book clearly outlines factors, physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically as well as habit and upbringing, contributing to food choices you make now. What I liked most about this book is the interactive way it is written, calling you to action in each chapter to examine and get task orientated getting you on track to where you would like to be. I have no doubt that readers of this book will change the way they think and feel about food. It really does support you in creating new habits and goals and give you the best opportunity to change the way you eat. I will definitely be recommending this book to many of my clients. If you are interested in getting your copy now CLICK HERE.
RRP $29.99 or E-Book $9.99
More about book:
Leanne Cooper BA (Psych/Ed), GCertHumNutr
The Sydney Morning Herald feature story on – How To Change Your Bad Eating Habits (16 Oct 2014) is all about Change The Way You Eat
For many people, food is no longer something to ‘enjoy’ as the stuff that nurtures us, keeps us healthy. It’s something to ‘control’, ‘do battle with’, all in a warped quest to ‘be thin’ and live up to society’s photoshopped ideals. Plus there’s the obesity epidemic where we’ve trained our tastebuds to crave the fat, salt and sugar that so much junk food is saturated with.
By examining the pyschological factors that encourage us to eat more than we know we should, as well as the tricks used by marketers to influence what and how much we eat, Change the Way You Eat provides the tools for readers to take ownership of their eating choices so that lifelong change can take place.
• our stage of life, gender, financial resources and values all influence our food choices
• branding, packaging and labelling combine to manipulate our shopping habits
• our inbuilt taste preferences can determine the food we’re drawn to, and how to reprogram them
• our environment — from the type of music playing while we eat to the number of people we eat with — can all affect our eating habits
• our personality and emotions can determine our food choices and habits, and
• we can implement our newfound knowledge to take back control of our plate, become conscious eaters and gain real enjoyment from nourishing ourselves in a way that promotes long-term health and happiness.
Specifications: 234 x 151 mm | paperback | 224 pages
About the author:
Leanne Cooper is an author, educator, nutrition consultant and advisor. A registered nutritionist, she is the founder and director of Cadence Health (Australia, NZ, UK), dedicated to the improvement of community health through the provision of training, resources, books and information. Leanne initially trained to be a childhood psychologist but gradually shifted her focus to health. Change the Way You Eat combines both areas of expertise — psychology and nutrition — as Leanne delivers her message that by understanding the psychology of food we can take back control of our health.
Enjoy, Kirsty 🙂