Winter is here, a time of reflection, rest and shorter days and longer nights. I think a lot of people are reflecting lately because a question that has been asked of me regularly is “how do you do it? How do you stay on track, fit it all in and still seem to be smiling?” I have even had said to me “you are so lucky and it must be good to not have anything going wrong for you!” Well, let me tell you a secret…. My life is filled with ups and downs, challenges and happy moments. There are times I feel overwhelmed and there are times I experience such a sense of peace that it brings a tear to my eye. So how do I do it? I want to share with you what comes to the top of my head that works daily for me.
- Have a to do list, with at least 7 things on it each day to keep your wheels moving.
- Know what you love doing, need to be doing and want to do and include regularly.
- Gain support of others. Friends, family, those that inspire you and have a mentor to keep you on track and can share their secrets to success with you.
- Smile and laugh everyday.
- Be aware of taking things personally, and attempt not to.
- Honour your feelings, whether good or bad, sit in them for a time, and when the time you have given them (5 minutes, 1 day, overnight) has passed, get on with it.
- Know who you are, why you are and who you want to become.
- Listen to your body and mind. Fuel your body (eat) for health and energy and when your inner dialogue is negative, replace with more purposeful thoughts.
- Don’t be afraid, there is nothing too big that you cannot overcome it; you have got this far haven’t you?
- Not everyone is going to agree with you and some people will let you down. How you choose to react to this is part of how you will feel in your life.
- Take stock daily of all the wonderful things and people and opportunities you have, then build on it.
- Look after you first, then there is more of you to give to others.
- Whatever is important to you, put this first, then let the rest roll out.
- Always know what you want to your future to look like, include and become. This way you have a path to walk with purpose.
- Get involved, get out there and support, help and mingle with your community.
- Life isn’t unfair, life is full of lessons, experiences and tests to allow us to become bigger than we were yesterday. Seize the moment of expansion with all you got!
I hope some of these have given you an insight into how I find my centre daily and may have given you a couple of light bulb moments too.
Have a fabulous day, Kirsty 🙂
Posted in: UncategorizedLeave a Comment (0) →